- Make sure you have access to your domain registrar account. You will need that access to update name servers. We can help you make this change.
- Take a complete backup of account data including website content, database(s) and emails. If you are using cPanel it is one click to create backup and you can download it using FTP or File Manager to your computer.
- Once you signup for hosting service with Webx, please upload the backup of your account using FTP to your account.
- We will create your account using that backup on our servers. At this point your account is setup on new server with the data from the backup. If you make more changes to your old account or you are receiving new emails there, you'll need to download them on your computer or keep a copy.
- Immediately after your account is created with the backup, you have to update name servers for your domain(s) to ns1.webx.net and ns2.webx.net
- In a few hours of this change your domain(s) will start pointing to Webx servers and all new web and email traffic will go to new server.
- After approximately 2 days you can ask your old host to terminate your account and cancel the billing.
If any point in this process you need additional help, feel free to contact our 24/7 support team.